Make this easy and delicious grilled Caprese chicken sandwich ASAP! Some pesto, fresh basil leaves, chicken, some mozzarella cheese, and a few juicy tomatoes locked in your favourite bread make the perfect quick lunch to assemble in a crunch!
As you know I love to make my Instant Pot easy chicken recipe and then use the carcass to make broth and now use the leftovers from the chicken breasts or any meat from it to make this quick and delightful chicken Caprese sandwich.
It is time to level up your leftovers game friends and have the best lunch ready in minutes!
🍞 What Is Chicken Caprese Sandwich?
First things first, Caprese salad is Italian salad gathering fresh mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, basil, and olive oil. It is a great and perfect fresh summery side dish. You should try my chopped Caprese salad, easy and delicious.
So here, I added some leftover chicken, (you can use grilled chicken too) and my favourite bread to make some chicken Caprese sandwiches. Also, I added some pesto to enhance the basil flavour. The steps are really easy, it is quick to assemble and it tastes so fresh!
🔪 How To Make Chicken Caprese Sandwich?
Before anything else, you need to gather your ingredients as the sandwich recipe will come together rather quickly.
- Bread: take your favourite sliced bread: rye? sourdough? White? You pick!
- Pesto: whether it is homemade or not, this is a great spread to add flavour.
- Leftover chicken, any part of the chicken will do
- Slices fresh mozzarella
- Slices fresh and juicy tomato
- Basil leaves
Now let's assemble, I know you are getting hungry but it will be ready in about 5 minutes.
1 - Spread some pesto on your bread.
2 - Slice the mozzarella and put it on the bread
3 - Place some leftover chicken pieces of your choice
4 - Top with some sliced tomatoes and fresh basil
5 - Close with another slice of bread.
Now you have 2 options: either you enjoy it as is, cold or you can make it a grilled chicken sandwich with the Caprese twist!
Best choice: Slightly grease your panini press if you have one or just simply a pan over medium heat and grill your sandwich until golden. For the pan, it would be about ¾ minutes per side.
There is no specific bread, just your favourite! Since this is a quick sandwich, just use whatever you have on hand, for us, it is sourdough or 12 grains of sliced bread. If all you have is burger bread, go for that too! We tried it!
Absolutely, it sounds also delicious
More Caprese Recipes That You'll Enjoy If You Loved This Grilled Chicken Caprese Sandwich:
Caprese Whipped Goat Cheese Dip
📖 Recipe: Caprese Chicken Sandwich
- Panini press
- 8 slices bread of choice
- 4 tablespoon pesto
- 1 cup chicken shredded or cut in pieces
- 8 slices tomato
- 3 balls fresh mozzarella sliced
- 8 to 12 leaves basil to taste
- 4 teaspoon butter
- Prepare all the ingredients and put 4 slices of bread on a board
- Spread some pesto on each slices of bread
- Slice the mozzarella and distribute it on the bread
- Add the chicken pieces.
- Top with the sliced tomatoes and fresh basil.
- Close with another 4 slices of bread
- Turn your panini press on and brush some butter on the bottom. Place your sandwich and brush the top bread. Close and press gently for 3-4 minutes or until your bread is golden. If using a pan, melt half a teaspoon of butter on medium heat and place your sandwich. Cook 3 minutes on each side or until it is golden.
Did you make it? Share it and tag me on Instagram @bonappeteat
I made this sandwich with my leftover Thanksgiving turkey! This is genius and so yummy!