Chocolate lava cake is all the decadence in a bite. As you break the delicious cake, the rich chocolate comes oozing from the warm center.
Considered as a restaurant classic but also the perfect end to a romantic evening, this recipe is easy to prepare ahead and pop in the oven for a few minutes. I'm talking date setting, but seriously, bake it for your bestie and you or just for yourself. Because why not?!
Ready in less than 30 minutes!
From getting your ingredients from the cupboard to taking your ramekins out of the oven, there are seriously 30 minutes or less. If your craving is grand, you can achieve it in even less time!
Five simple ingredients that most likely are in your kitchen is really making this chocolate lava cake dream a reality.
What is your excuse?
Romantic Chocolate Lava Cake
May I suggest to hint-hint your loved one and send him/her this recipe! There is nothing more charming than someone preparing dinner or dessert for you. Love does come through the kitchen! I often say it!
IMPORTANT NOTE: Now, we need to chat about my oven and yours too. They are different. I would advise baking for 12 minutes and from there add 2 minutes at a time. Use a knife and poke on the edge but not too close. If the knife comes out clean, you are good. The centre should be lava. You'll get the instructions below but I wanted to let you know!
You might also like these chocolate desserts:
I highly recommend making my recipes using a scale but for your convenience, I have also converted the recipe using this website.
Chocolate Lava Cake
- 3 eggs medium size
- ½ cup sugar 100g
- ⅓ cup butter, cubed soft
- ⅔ cup dark chocolate 100g
- ⅔ cup flour 80g
- Pre-heat the oven at 350F.
- Prepare all your ingredients.
- Break the eggs and add the sugar.
- Mix until smooth and becomes lighter.
- Melt and add the butter.
- Mix well. Melt the chocolate in a water bath or 30 secondes at a time in the microwave (stir between each time)
- Add in the melted chocolate and stir well.
- Add the flour and mix well so there are no lump.
- In buttered small dishes (mine are 3' large and 1 inch and half tall), I also powdered some flour and dumped the excess. Pour your mixture.
- Bake for 14 minutes and 2 minutes more as needed (and 2 more) until the tip of the knife comes out clean from the edge of the dish. Serve right away with some fruits or some ice cream.