Can you resist some gooey chocolate brownies? This recipe for condensed milk brownies is quick and easy to prepare and brings you all the decadence! Make this rich fudgy classic dessert for the chocoholic of your life. Using only one fridge ingredient, the rest is all in your pantry.
Brownies fit so many categories: dessert, snack, comfort food. Chocolate brownies don't disappoint! You know I love this irresistible almond brownie, so rich and delicious. Anything chocolate and decadent is up my alley, I can make a mean chocolate mousse.
How To Make This Recipe
A few notes on the ingredients:
- Sweetened condensed milk: Since this is sweetened, little sugar will be added to the recipe.
- Cocoa powder: I prefer to go with the unsweetened as the condensed milk is adding some sweetness. However, if this is all you have, go with the sweetened one
- Chocolate chips: To balance the bitterness of the cocoa powder
- Butter: I use salted butter to balance the sweetness of the brownies
- Nuts: optional steps: you can add little, a lot, or none
First, pre-heat your oven to 400F and gather all your ingredients. Besides the eggs, all the other ingredients are most like in your pantry and this is the beauty of the recipe, using items with a long shelf life.
Beat the eggs and add the condensed milk and vanilla extract. Incorporate thoroughly. Melt the chocolate chips and butter together and add them to the mixture. Stir well. Now, in a bowl, put all your dry ingredients: all-purpose flour, cocoa powder and salt. Gradually, add them to your previous mixture and stir until smooth.
Do you want a little extra to your fudgy gooey brownies? Add some walnuts, pecans, or any other nuts of your choice. This is an optional step, you can skip it if you are worried about allergies or simply don't have them in your pantry.
You are almost done...
Prepare a square baking dish, rectangular works too, it's just for the presentation and cutting squares. I used an 8 x8 inch like this pan.
Lastly, you need to prepare your baking dish by layering some parchment paper at the bottom. Fold in the angles so it stays put. Pour in your batter and bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes.
WARNING: If your oven is a beast, consider 16-18 minutes as you will want your brownies with sweetened condensed milk to be rich and fudgy.
Also, your brownie will cook faster in a metal dish rather than a glass one.
Remove from the oven, using the parchment paper, lift your brownie and let it cool down to room temperature on a cooling rack.
Cut into squares and share this rich chocolatey goodness… if you want :)
How Long And How Do I Store My Brownies?
You can just keep them in an air-tight container at room temperature. If you prefer to keep them in the fridge, take them out half an hour before eating them so they can come back to the chewy state.
How Are My Brownies So Fudgy
Brownies can have different textures. Here the combination of the butter and melted chocolate with condensed milk brings the fudginess to the next level. Monitoring their doneness in the oven is also key. Overbaked brownies would still be delicious but drier.
What Else Can You Do With Condensed Milk
Always keep some cans in your pantry, you can always whip a quick dessert with these condensed milk recipes.
- Cuban Flan: another pantry recipe, easy to prepare, and always a hit!
- Condensed Milk Cookies: Helen from Cooking with my kids got me intrigued and hungry!
- Homemade Pistachio Ice Cream from Aubrey's Kitchen looks amazing!
More Delicious Chocolate Recipes
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating on the recipe card below & and a comment about your experience. Follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram, thanks!
Updated on August 28, 2021: The recipe below has been updated as there was an error (an ingredient missing!). Apologies to all the readers that did try the recipe and did not get the result expected. I hope you give this recipe another chance as I retested to make sure. Human error! So sorry!
Gooey Fudgy Chocolate Condensed Milk Brownies
- 2 eggs medium size
- 1 can condensed milk 10oz or 300ml
- ½ cup chocolate chip dark or chocolate milk
- ½ cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tablespoon cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ cup pecans or other nuts optional
- Pre-heat your oven to 400F.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, add the condensed milk and vanilla extract. Incorporate thoroughly.
- In a small pan, melt the butter and chocolate chips together.
- In another bowl, put all your dry ingredients: all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Gradually, add them to the previsous mixture and stir until smooth.
- Add some walnuts, pecans, or any other nuts of your choice. (Optional)
- Take a 8 x 8 inch baking dish, layer some parchment paper at the bottom. Fold in the angles so it stays put.
- Pour in your batter and bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes.
- Allow to cool before enjoying!
Doesn't taste like anything - they aren't sweet and don't taste like chocolate. Would need sugar and/or melted chocolate in the batter. Maybe I can save my batch by serving it with something super sweet like fruits or ice cream, but I won't make this recipe again.
It gets two stars instead of one because of the texture.
I'm sorry you did not enjoy them Camilla, I like the sugar balance with the condensed milk but maybe extra sugar would have helped the sweetness for your taste. The texture is great, I agree!
In the text before your recipe...
"Believe it or not, these brownies have no butter and uses cocoa powder (not chocolate chips). "
Your recipe has butter and chocolate chips!
I'm going to try your recipe today!
Hello Julie, I have since then adjusted the recipe as there was an error in it. I retested and did add butter and some chocolate chips to go along with the cocoa powder!
Thank you for catching it!
I just made these, I used Almond flour and walnuts, turned out more cake like...just the right amount of sweetness and chocolate. I love them, thanks for the recipe.
So glad you liked it Denise!
CATHY FISHER says
Agree,they are not sweet enough
Between the sweetened condensed milk and the chocolate chips, the sweetness is there but if you like it really sweet, you can add some granulated sugar for sure!