Salted Caramel French Tart Tatin is a flaky crust with juicy apples and the taste of salted caramel is a match made in heaven.
I know, just with the title and you're drooling already. It's okay, it's not embarrassing, it happens when it sounds that good. I mean, who can resist the perfect flaky crust? The juicy fall apples cooked in a salted caramel butter? NO ONE obviously!
Of course, Fall is around the corner and bloggers are sharing their best pumpkin Latte or an apple recipe. Groceries stores are no different and are pushing to buy pumpkins, squashes or apples.
In an effort to cooperate with the rest of North America, I'll give you an A-MA-ZING recipe. You asked for it. Of course, being French ''cocorico'', I'll give you this French Tarte Tatin that will blow your mind!
Also, I have to confess... I did it a few times but the first one I did, we ate it in one seating. No problem? Well... ONE tart, 2 adults, and 2 young children under 4. I suspect it was a complete success.
Although, it's a great news and it means it really is that good... It should come as no shock that I have been feeling a little tight in my pants! C'mon Mélanie, get those healthy soups going!... I will... eventually!
It's actually an easy recipe
The recipe is really easy to put together and if you need a little reminder about the steps of making the crust, I got you covered. This is the base of so many recipes for salted tartes, quiches or pies.
Besides, I know the crust recipe by heart and I don't think I have ever bought a store made since I discover and mastered this one. There is no point in spending the money and nothing beats a crust made from scratch. No time? It takes 5 minutes. Really.
If you are a little obsessed with salted-caramel-everything, this is for you! If you love a nice flaky and buttery crust, this is for you! If you like apples, this is for you!
And if you need any other reasons to stop resisting, please contact me! You need to indulge and this is yours. ALL of it if you wish!
You really really like apples and want more?
Or the EEEASY apple crumble...
- 100 g or ¾ of a cup of salter butter
- 50 g or ¼ of a cup packed of sugar
- 6 apples gala peeled and cut in quaters.
- 100 g 7 tablespoons of soft butter
- 200 g 1 cup and a half packed of flour
- 60 g or 60ml of milk (3.25% for me)
- Preheat the oven at 380F.
- - In a pot, melt the butter with the sugar. Bring it to a simmer on the stove.
- - Remove the butter/sugar from the stove and pour it in a 12" round oven dish.
- - Place the apples on the butter tightly.
- - Place it in the oven for 15 minutes.
- - Meanwhile, in a bowl, put the flour and the butter, mix with your hands until it becomes crumbly.
- - Add the milk and gather all the ingredients until a ball is formed.
- - With a rolling pan, roll the dough to make the crust.
- - When the 15 minutes are over, take the dish with the apples out, place the dough on it and lock the border with the dough.
- - Bake it another 25-30 minutes or until the dough it golden.
You were so right - I was drooling the second I read that title! Sounds delicious!
Thank you so much Foodieteen :)
Helen @ Scrummy Lane says
It's wonderful how simple this is, Melanie! I'd say a regular tarte tatin is pretty difficult to beat, but adding salted caramel would send it shooting up into food heaven. Definitely pinning this one for later!
Thank you for stopping by as usual and pinning! I am a big sucker for everything salted caramel and this one what a huge hit in my house! You'll love it!
dedy oktavianus pardede says
a damn delicious and healthy sweet bites!!!
great photographed too.......
*** Antispam disabled. Check access key in CleanTalk plugin options. Request number f04ede3fbb713717caf8f8376cec9881. Antispam service cleantalk.org. ***
Thank you so much Doctor :)
La Cuisine d'Helene says
I have not made tarte tatin before but now I might try. Looks delicious.
You have to try Helene, you will love it and it is very simple ;)
"Tartin Tatin" title, is that on purpose? ;)
Ahah thanks for catching that Eva, it was not :)